Who will be the best host?
26th Tour of Slovenia will visit stunning places across Slovenia, in total there will be 31 destinations that are official hosts of the race. Everybody is showing great effort and commitment, but only one will be awarded with the special honor.
We’ll again select the BEST HOST of Tour of Slovenia, with competition taking place among 31 official host cities and destinations (3 more than last year). We’ll first give media and cycling fans opportunity to vote, then the expert jury takes it over and decides on the winner. Every official host city will welcome cyclists with the start or the finish of the stage, or with intermediate sprint.
Criteria for judgment:
- Impression of the general tidiness of the destination,
- Promotion of the host on the race,
- Participation of the local clubs,
- Cheering atmosphere.
Last year Kamnik won the BEST HOST title in what was a very strong competition. City was awarded with the replica of 5200 years old wheel from Ljubljana marshes – oldest know wheel in the world; same trophy is also reserved for the overall winner of the race.
Jury for 2019 edition:
- President of the jury, Ivanka Mihelčič from Adria Mobil
- Maša Puklavec, Slovenia Tourist Board
- Bogdan Fink, Race Director
- Urban Simčič, TV crew & announcer on the starts & finishes
- Dare Rupar, announcer on the starts & finishes, sports journalist
BEST HOST of the 26th Tour of Slovenia will be announced in days after the race.
Photos: Sportida, BOBO